To become a FULL member you need to be employed in a school and be responsible for the management of Finances and/or Property and/or Human Resources most of the time while carrying out your duties.
Annual membership fee: $250+GST
Members who carry out the above duties part of the time are more likely to be given ASSOCIATE membership status.
Annual membership fee: $200+GST
The Association’s membership committee determines the most suitable level of membership for applicants
What benefits do I receive in becoming a member?
- Attendance at the Annual Conference at a lower cost
- Access to the School Business Managers’ Association website Members Only Section
- Professional Learning and Development opportunities
- Online discussion groups
- Job Vacancies page
- Access to sponsors for products and services
- Minutes of Meetings
- Representation on Ministry of Education and other stakeholders’ reference groups and working parties
- Collegiality and networking with like-minded professionals
- Regional meetings held with a PLD focus
Who pays for my membership?
The membership fee could be built into your yearly budget after discussions with your principal. Alternatively, you can pay for a membership yourself as long as you meet the criteria for membership (Full, Associate, Life, Retired, etc.).
Can I be a member if my job title is not School Business Manager?
Yes. The SBM Association welcomes and encourages any individual working in a New Zealand school to apply for membership as acceptance is based on the responsibilities and duties as outlined in your Job Description. It does not matter what job title is on your job description as the membership committee are only looking at the tasks and duties associated with the role.
What if I have a suggestion or an idea? What do I do?
The SBM Association is here for members, so any suggestions or ideas are extremely welcome. For example, you may have some ideas for professional development in a certain area, resources for the website, or ideas for conference. Feel free to contact us at any time with your suggestions.